Wednesday, April 11, 2007

About last night…

With minutes to spare, I arrive back home in Nanaimo. I throw off my shoes, exchange my street clothes for Mashimaro PJs and settle in for an evening of vegging out.

Bottle of Merridale Scrumpy Cider…Check

Buffalo pepperoni from Island Bison…Check

Half-finished sleeve for Broken Brocade sweater…check

New episode of 'House'…check

Great! Let’s get the party started!


Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Let me explain. I didn't mean to konk on you House. I'm sure were your usual dry,wry genius of a medical jedi self and had dry, wry, emotionally detatched zingers going off every which direction and you were working your little British butt like mad to win more awards and the hearts of dry, wry loving gals.

You see, it’s been an eventful week. Like someone stuffed a dayplanner into a corset sort of thing. So eventful that I haven’t had much sleep. I’m ping-ponging back and forth between Nanaimo and Victoria, where DH is resting up post-op. I’m scrambling to not get too behind in work. In between all that, my sis and her new fancy man came for a visit over the Chocolate Bunny Poo Weekend. And there's this lovely sweater that needs sleeves but can't decide what sleeves it needs so I must knit up a bunch of sample sleeves so I can finally finish this sweater and have something to wear other than my potato sack. Eek!! Deadlines for my next article are looming overhead, blocking out the sun! Run! Save yourselves!

Though a perfectly good episode of House was sacrificed, I’m glad I got the extra rest. I’m ready to get back into the swing of it all.

Thanks to everyone for sent their well wishes and good energy. DH is healing up fine now. He’s had a copious hours of Civilization IV, lots of chocolate bunny ears (they really ought to just make the ears, I mean who bothers eating the rest of the chocolate bunny?), the odd pain pellet and way too much beer.

I’ve still have a bit more ping-ponging up and down the island for the next while. I’ll keep you posted of all the Spring local food happenings. Until then, go pick up a copy of ‘100 Mile Diet’ by the original 100 Milers, Alisa Smith and J.B. MacKinnon.



Happy Eating!


Jen

No comments: